Career Exploration Resources
- GetMyFuture is the U.S. Department of Labor’s career and postsecondary readiness site geared toward young adults. The site includes occupational assessments, career information, career videos, labor market data, and numerous college and career readiness resources.
Postsecondary Training Exploration
- FloridaShines is the Florida Virtual Campus’ online system to provide detailed information and data on Florida postsecondary training options from certificate through graduate programs. Students can filter and search institutions and programs, prepare for college, and learn about financial aid options.
- CollegeNavigator is the National Center for Education Statistics’ tool to learn more about postsecondary training institutions offering a wide spectrum of short- and long-term credentials. Search by keyword, filter by category, interact with a map, conduct side-by-side comparisons, and review detailed institutional information and data.
- Apprenticeship Job Finder is the U.S. Department of Labor’s web tool to locate registered apprenticeships by occupation, company name, keyword, or geographic location.
- MyFloridaFuture is a data dashboard produced by the Florida State University System (FSUS) to show typical loan amounts and wages by degree for FSUS graduates.
National Service Exploration
- ASVAB Career Exploration Program is the Department of Defense’s online system to assess career aptitudes and explore college, career, and military options.
- AmeriCorps is an independent agency of the United States government that engages millions of American adults of all ages in service through a variety of stipended volunteer work programs in many sectors.
Career Exploration Curricula
- The Career Cruiser is a career exploration resource used to promote career development for students. It provides self-assessment activities to assist students in thinking about the relationship between personal interests and career goals.
- Plan It Florida is an initiative of the Florida College Access Network (FCAN) and offers a wide variety of curricular activities and promotional materials to increase postsecondary credential attainment. In addition, FCAN links to Local College Access Networks, many of which have student and educator resources that are specific to the different economic regions of Florida.