Approved VIP & Online Course Providers
- Districts are authorized to offer courses per Section 1003.498 (2), Florida Statute (F.S.). These courses are reported under school number 7006 (do not report under school 7001). If a district plans to offer such courses, it should contact the Florida Department of Education (Department) PK-12 Education Information Services office to activate this school number. Master School Identification (MSID) Application Guidelines (PDF)
- Districts may offer virtual courses for courses included in Florida’s Online Course Code Directory. This directory includes all courses that are eligible to be funded in Florida public schools and includes courses in all subject areas and grade levels. Districts may develop their own online courses or purchase the online courses or curriculum they offer.
- Districts may choose to purchase online courses from providers approved by the Department or may choose other providers through a district vetting process. The Department approval process for both online course providers and virtual instruction program providers reviews every course the providers would like to offer to ensure it is aligned to state standards and also meet national standards for quality online courses. Districts are responsible for ensuring the same for providers they select through a district vetting process.
- A student may take an online course(s) from another school district whether or not the course is offered in his/her home district. School districts cannot require that these courses be taken beyond the school day.
- A student must notify his/her school of the intention to enroll in an online course in another school district so that the necessary information can be collected, verified and confirmed by both districts at the point of enrollment. This will help to ensure the correct funding, reporting and accountability for this student. The school cannot deny access to the other district’s course as long as the student meets the eligibility requirements, and the course is appropriate based on the student’s academic history and academic goals.