The Office of Grants Management manages and processes state and federal grant awards to school districts, community colleges, universities and community-based organizations. This office provides administrative and operational support to program managers including receipt and technical review, tracking, budget review, and distribution and file maintenance of all projects awarded by the Florida Department of Education.
Training and Development services include training for grant recipients on the fiscal management of state and federal grants.
For information on student grants, scholarships and other financial aid, visit the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
Get the latest information on news, events & more – subscribe to the Florida Department of Education Paperless Communication System.
Grants Management Responsibilities
- Provide assistance with development of Request For Proposal/Request For Application (RFP/RFA) and Pre-Approval Funding Plan
- Provide technical review of funding proposals
- Provide application support or assistance
- Application review and approval
- Funding authorization and distribution of award notification
- Project award distribution
Florida Grants System (FLAGS)
The Florida Grants System (FLAGS) provides users a single access location for the management and tracking of grants and the distribution of funds. The functionality of the Cash Advance and Reporting of Disbursements System (CARDS) and the Grants Management System have been combined to facilitate communication between the Comptroller’s Office, the Grants Management Office and the recipient agencies.
Grant Seeking Resources
- Career and Adult Education/Workforce Education Funding Opportunities
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program
- Charter School Program Funding Opportunities
- Exceptional Student Education Funding Opportunities
- Florida Department of Education Federal Education Programs
- U.S. Department of Education Federal Funding Forecast
- U.S. Department of Education Grants Information
Information, Guidance and Training
- Grants Fiscal Management Training and Assessment
- Grants Fiscal Management Training (PPT)
- Grants Fiscal Management Training (RTF)
- Grants Fiscal Management Training Part 1 (Video Only) (WMV, 3.7GB)
- Grants Fiscal Management Training Part 2 (Video Only) (WMV, 3.9GB)
- Grants Fiscal Management Training FAQs (Word)
- Project Application and Amendment Procedures for Federal and State Programs (Green Book)
- Catalog of State Financial Assistance (CSFA)
- Department of Financial Services, Reference Guide for State Expenditures
- MyFloridaMarketPlace Vendor Registration
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA)
- Education Department General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Office of Management and Budget - Uniform Grant Guidance (UGG) - formerly OMB Supercircular or Omnicircular
Felicia Williams-Taylor, Director
325 West Gaines Street, Room 332
Tallahassee, Florida 32399-0400