Putting Florida’s Adult Learners First: Adult Education & Family Literacy Act 2023-2026 Grant Competition
The 2022-2023 Adult Education and Family Literacy Grant Program information have been moved to the Archives.
The vision of Florida’s adult education system is to hold learners at the center and deliver outcomes that promote full participation in the workforce, result in high-quality credentials of value and close equity and achievement gaps. The work of transforming Florida’s adult education system is now guided by the following strategic priorities:
- Priority 1: Promote regional partnerships to ensure comprehensive approaches that result in improved learner outcomes;
- Priority 2: Expand the state’s talent pipeline through attainment of credentials of value and acquisition of postsecondary certifications, industry-recognized credentials and degrees;
- Priority 3: Ensure all learners receive high quality instruction that prioritizes measurable labor market needs and outcomes while working to eliminate equity and achievement gaps in the community; and
- Priority 4: Incent, measure, and support enhanced program effectiveness.
FDOE welcomes eligible applicants interested in offering innovative programming and supporting hundreds of thousands of individuals both inside and outside of Florida’s WIOA workforce system to apply.
For grant program summary information, check out the announcement flyer (PDF).
Adult Education and Family Literacy Funding Opportunities
- Funding Opportunities Webinar Memorandum (PDF)
- Request for Proposal:
- Adult Education Workbook:
- Funding Opportunities Webinars:
Questions and Answers (Q&A)
Grant Application Implementation Guide and Supplemental Resources
- Implementation Guide 2023-2027 (PDF)
- IET Program of Study Form (Word)
- Census Data on Educational Attainment (Excel)
- Census Data on English Language Skills (Excel)
- Florida High School Dropouts Data (Excel)
Application Due Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 by 11:59 p.m. (EDT) Submit grant application to your agency’s ShareFile account by TAPS number. Agency-specific Sharefile accounts will be created by the Office of Grants Management following the mandatory Intent to Apply.
- Notice of Intent to Apply: Friday, June 2, 2023
- Questions & Answers: Monday, June 5, 2023, is the last date questions will be answered by FDOE.
Application Support Documents
- Overview of the Key WIOA and AEFLA Provision (Word)
- AEFLA 13 Considerations for Funding list (PDF)
- Local Workforce Development Plans and County (ies) Served Chart
- General Terms, Assurances and Conditions for Participation in Federal and State Program
- Adult Education Administrative Cost – Special Rule Justification Form (Word)
- Risk Analysis