The Statewide Articulation Agreement, established by Section (s.) 1007.23, Florida Statutes (F.S.), requires that “(T)he State Board of Education and the Board of Governors shall enter into a statewide articulation agreement which the State Board of Education shall adopt by rule” to preserve Florida’s 2+2 system of articulation.
To facilitate the seamless articulation of student credit between Florida’s public postsecondary institutions, s. 1007.23, F.S., was amended by the 2019 Florida Legislature to include the stipulation that the statewide articulation agreement must include a provision for reverse transfer. See excerpt from s. 1007.23(8), F.S. below.
“(8) The articulation agreement must specifically provide for a reverse transfer agreement for Florida College System associate in arts degree-seeking students who transfer to a state university before earning an associate in arts degree. Students must be awarded an associate in arts degree by the Florida College System institution upon completion of degree requirements at the state university if the student earned more than 30 credit hours toward the associate in arts degree from the Florida College System institution. State universities must identify each student who has completed requirements for the associate in arts degree and, upon consent of the student, transfer credits earned at the state university back to the Florida College System institution so that the associate in arts degree may be awarded by the Florida College System institution.”
In 2021, the State Board of Education and the Board of Governors adopted the Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement between the Florida College System and The State University System of Florida. This document is intended to provide guidance to Florida’s public postsecondary institutions related to implementation of the Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement between the Florida College System and The State University System of Florida.
Florida public secondary and postsecondary institutions are required to use the Florida Automated System for Transferring Educational Records (FASTER) to transmit official student records between and among institutions. However, this Agreement does not preclude a sending institution, as part of its local process, from using the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) for exchange of reverse transfer data, as long as the receiving institution is also a member of the NSC. The NSC Electronic Transcript Exchange (ETX) Registry allows institutions to search for participants by state or download the full registry of participants.
- Florida College System (PDF)
- State University System (PDF)
- Section 1007.23, Florida Statutes, Statewide articulation agreement
- Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement between the Florida College System and The State University System of Florida (PDF)
- Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement Implementation Memorandum (PDF)
- Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- FASTER Fields for Reverse Transfer (PDF)
- Reverse Transfer Guidance, May 2021 (PDF)
- June 29, 2021 Reverse Transfer Webinar (MP4)
- June 29, 2021 Reverse Transfer Webinar - Transcript (Word)
- October 8, 2021 FASTER Presentation (PDF)
- Statewide Reverse Transfer Articulation Agreement Implementation Reminders, February 11, 2022 (PDF)