Entrepreneurship Education & Training Grant
The 2022-2023 Entrepreneurship Education and Training Grant page has been moved to the archives. Please click here to access.
Florida’s Perkins V State Plan commits to creating a robust entrepreneurial ecosystem through career and technical education (CTE). Business equity is the second largest source of wealth behind home equity, and for special populations, self-employment and the ability to effectively create value contributes to Florida’s greater economic security. In short, becoming an entrepreneur is a viable path to improving Florida’s economic and social mobility rates. CTE does not just prepare students to take jobs, but to create the jobs of the future.
Entrepreneurship education and training (EET) refers to both academic education and formal training interventions or activities that share the broad objective of providing individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to start, operate, or scale an enterprise. For purposes of Perkins V, it has a particular focus on formally cultivating within CTE students the following two domains:
- entrepreneurial mindsets - i.e., the socio-emotional skills and overall awareness of “what it takes” to become a successful entrepreneur (e.g., self-confidence, leadership, creativity, risk propensity, motivation, critical thinking, high degrees of empathy, resilience, and self-efficacy)
- entrepreneurial capabilities - i.e., the capacity for successful business management and venturing (e.g., knowledge of marketing, accounting, financial modeling, and the sources of capital, and evidencing the ability to de-risk an idea, successfully pivot, and value-create)
It is in this spirit that the Florida Department of Education is seeking to fund innovative EET projects that cultivate entrepreneurial mindsets and entrepreneurial capabilities in CTE students.
Entrepreneurship Education and Training (EET) Funding and Training Webinars
- Funding Opportunities Webinar Memorandum (PDF)
- Funding Opportunities Webinar Presentation (PDF)
- Funding Opportunities Webinar Recording
Entrepreneurship Education and Training (EET) Request for Proposal (RFP)
Education and Training (EET) Opportunities Webinars and Key Dates
There are a few important dates to remember. Applicants are highly encouraged to attend all webinars:
- August 16, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. (EDT)
- August 30, 2023 – Deadline to Submit Notice of Intent to Apply (Not Required for an Application to be considered)
- August 30, 2023 – Deadline to Submit Questions for the Q & A
- September 8, 2023 – Deadline to Submit Complete Application via ShareFile
- Entrepreneurship Education and Training Combine 2023-2024 – TBA