Comprehensive Literacy State Development (CLSD) Grant
The purpose of the CLSD grant is to award competitive subgrants to local educational agencies (LEAs) that advance literacy skills and development. These skills include building capacity of knowledge and implementation of evidence-based practices to increase literacy outcomes for all children from birth through grade 12. The overarching goals of the CLSD grant include: build capacity of stakeholders’ knowledge and use of evidence-based practices; improve teacher use of evidence-based practices to improve literacy outcomes; and increase literacy outcomes and reduce the achievement gap.
- Application due date: On or before January 13, 2023 at 1:00 PM EST (The due date refers to the date of receipt in the Office of Grants Management.)
- Intent-to-apply date: By December 2, 2022 (Providing the intent-to-apply is not required for an application to be considered. Conversely, eligible organizations which file an intent-to apply are not required to apply.)
- Questions: Answers to questions regarding this Request for Proposal (RFP) will be provided in writing to all applicants. The last date that questions will be accepted is December 9, 2022. Applicants may submit their questions to email@example.com.
- CLSD Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- CLSD Request for Proposal Overview (PDF)
- CLSD Request for Proposal (PDF)
- Attachment A - Subgrant Selection Criteria and Rubric (Word)
- Attachment B - Local Literacy Plan: Birth through Grade 12 (Word)
- Attachment C - Local Literacy Professional Development Plan (Word)
- Project Performance Accountability Form (Word)
- DOE 100A - Project Application Form (Word)
- DOE 101S - Budget Narrative Form (Excel)