Prevention & Intervention
Creating a culture and climate of safety is essential to the prevention of violence in school. Prevention and intervention are part of a comprehensive strategy to increase the safety and security of Florida schools.
Student Support Services Project
The Student Support Services Project exists to develop and promote the implementation of a statewide system of comprehensive, multi-tiered supports for all students.
Intervention & Prevention Programs
The following institutions have a list of intervention and prevention programs that they have reviewed and published.
- University of Colorado Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence Blueprints
- CASEL: Safe and sound: An educational leader’s guide to evidence-based SEL programs
- National Institute on Drug Abuse Preventing Drug Use among Children and Adolescents
- Stop Underage Drinking - Portal of Federal Resources
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA):
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Florida AG: Safe Florida – Cyber Safety
- Cyberstalking - Florida Statute 784.048
- FBI: Safe Online Surfing (Grades 3-8)